Many people, in the process of raising a dog, know that a dog is not allowed to eat chocolate. But they may not fully understand why they shouldn’t eat chocolate. They will always be unwilling to ask: eat a little chocolate is not okay? Is it really as bad as it sounds? Let’s take a look to see the reasons.
1. Dogs are great companions for humans. It can accompany us through a long period of human history. Perhaps, for this reason, dogs and humans share similar food preferences. But for sweets, humans can easily digest them, whereas dogs can’t.
2. Humans are free to eat delicious chocolate without causing any harm to their bodies. But when a dog eats it, it can take their life.
3. Once a dog has eaten chocolate and used more authentic chocolate, the harmful factor is huge. It may be due to resistance, but some large dogs have no problem eating a little chocolate. But some small dogs developed serious health problems after eating chocolate.
4. Chocolate is made from cocoa beans, contains several derivatives of methylxanthines, such as caffeine and theobromine. These substances bind to certain receptors on the surface of cells, preventing natural substances in animals from binding to receptors. Taking small doses of methylxanthine causes vomiting and diarrhea in dogs, but euphoria in humans. Chocolate contains large amounts of theobromine and small amounts of caffeine, and if the dog eats too much chocolate, it can cause muscle spasms and even shock. After taking theobromine and caffeine, the dog’s heart rate would spike to more than twice its normal rate, and some would run around like they were drinking a large espresso. This substance contains a variety of methylxanthine derivatives. Caffeine and theobromine fall into this category. Once these substances bind to the cell surface receptor in the dog, they prevent the natural substance from binding to the receptor in the dog.
5. Dogs who consume small doses of these substances may experience vomiting and diarrhea. But when humans eat chocolate, they tend to have a very pleasant sensation. And the theobromine in chocolate, or small amounts of caffeine, can cause muscle spasms and even shock in dogs. In addition, the dog after the use of caffeine, the heart rate will be more than twice the usual, some dogs can even run around the phenomenon.
6. Dogs can also digest small amounts of chocolate. But how little depends on the type of chocolate and the size of the dog. Sugar-free baked chocolates on the market contain more than six times as much methylxanthine as regular cream chocolate.
7. For some smaller dogs, about 120 grams of creamy chocolate can be fatal. That’s why it’s best not to give chocolate to your dog.
Not only chocolate, but all foods containing theobromine and caffeine, such as coffee, cocoa cake, and cocoa cookies, should not be given to dogs. If you can’t tell what you can and can’t eat, it’s a good idea to buy snacks for your dog. Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and other holidays are the most chocolate in the family, we must pay attention to the chocolate in the dog can not reach the place, and told the child must not feed the dog chocolate.
What is the lifespan of a Pekingese? Proper diet, inherent characteristics of Pekingese and even sterilization of Pekingese will affect the overall lifespan of Pekingese.
Are male pekingese good? One of the most obvious physical characteristics of male pekingese is that it is usually larger and eats more than the female pekingese of the same breed.
Are Pekingese dogs aggressive? There are many words that can be used to describe pekingese's personality, but some of the most common words are that pekingese is aggressive and stubborn.