Taking a bath for the dog is not just a simple cosmetic treatment for the dog, but it also has certain benefits for the health of the dog. First of all, bathing can wash away the dirt and dust left on the dog, and second, regular bathing can also avoid the problem of excessive breeding of parasites. Some owners like to help their dogs at home for the bath, and some owners do not trust will be sent to the pet beauty shop for its bath. But whether it’s at home or out in the shower, there are some important issues that need our attention. In the bath before the main dog to help squeeze the anal gland.
The frequency of bathing is not too high, general small dogs 2-3 weeks wash once, large dogs 3 weeks or once a month can be washed. Human skin is slightly acidic, while dog skin is slightly alkaline, which is quite different from human skin in structure and texture. It is much thinner than human skin. Frequent bathing will destroy its natural protective oils and cause various skin diseases.
Because of the difference in skin Ph between humans and dogs, human use can dry, age, and depilate a dog’s skin. Apply pet-specific Shampoo, do not use their own bath milk to make do with, so as not to destroy the dog coat acid-base balance.
Dog Bath Lotion (Shampoo), hairdryer, absorbent towel, comb (one for each pin comb and row of combs), electric razor (for shaving the soles of the feet), cotton, hemostatic forceps (for pulling out ears after washing)
The owner takes the dog out for a walk before showering, letting it pass urine and feces, and then combine it with a comb to separate the knotted hair, which can become more troublesome if it gets wet, and is not conducive to drying. Then the owner helps the dog to squeeze the anal gland first because the dirt of the Anal Gland is very smelly. If you squeeze it after washing, it will affect the taste of the dog. The next step is to wet the coat, first on the body and then on the limbs, and finally on the head. After applying the bath fluid, rinse the head first, then the body and limbs. After that, the owner rinses it off with clean water. After Rinsing, dry the dog’s coat as much as possible with an absorbent towel to reduce the time it takes to blow. After wiping body surface moisture, feed main uses hairdryer and comb to blow-dry finishing, must blow-dry completely, can not be careless. After blow-drying, the owner wipes the ears with absorbent cotton balls and shaves the soles of the feet with a push-button.
1. Pet shop choice: environmental hygiene is very important, if a look inside is very messy beauty shop had better not go.
2. Some people like to leave their dogs at the pet store and pick them up after the wash. Unless you are a regular customer of the pet shop, we do not do this, the dog in the bath, the owner had better watch outside, this advantage is if something goes wrong, can be handled. Because some dogs are very attached to their owners. If the owners are not watching, they may be very uncooperative in the bath. If they get too emotional, they may bite the staff inside, so having the owner around can give the dog a certain sense of security.
3. Bath fluid, bath towel, the comb had better bring oneself. Pet stores can’t prepare a towel for all dogs, so it’s hard to be sure the towels haven’t been rubbed on a dog with a skin condition, so bring your own.
4. After the dog’s hair is dried, the dog’s ears are wiped, the soles of his feet are shaved, and his nails are cut according to the situation. (these are usually included in the cost of a bath, and some pet stores won’t do it unless you ask.).
5. Check: The owner extends his hand to the innermost part of the dog’s fur to check if it is dry, especially on the inside of his limbs.
-- Bearded Collie
Bearded Collie lives about 12 to 14 years and is prone to minor health problems, including colon disease, canine hip dysplasia (CHD), adrenocortical dysfunction, pemphigus and epilepsy.
Keeshond is usually healthy, but like all varieties, keeshond is prone to some health problems. Not all keeshond will suffer from these diseases, but if you consider this breed, it is important to pay attention to the potential health problems of keeshond.
-- Chesapeake Bay Retriever
How to take care of Chesapeake Bay Retriever, they have a history of waterfowl hounds, and Chesapeake Bay retrievers need a lot of daily exercise.