Home / Dog care / Eight kinds of food that Maltese can’t eat

Eight kinds of food that Maltese can’t eat

The intestines and stomach of Maltese dogs are relatively weak, so in daily feeding, the owner must pay more attention to what can be eaten and what can’t be eaten and must be strictly controlled to prevent the dog from eating things that should not be eaten and affecting the health of the dog. If the dog eats the taboo food by mistake, the Maltese dog may appear a symptom of poisoning, even cause a series of diseases. So, is there something that the Maltese can’t eat?

eight-kinds-of-food-that-maltese-can-not-eat

1. Chocolate:

Chocolate contains theobromine and caffeine, which can cause poisoning and sudden death in a short time.

2. Foods with coffee:

Coffee, coffee beans, tea, and so on, which contain caffeine, can be as deadly to dogs as chocolate.

3. Fried food:

High calorie fried food, excessive fat can easily lead to diseases, such as pancreatitis.

4. Grapes and raisins:

If dogs eat too many grapes, it will lead to kidney failure. Raisins are also very dangerous to dogs. Sometimes only one can be fatal.

5. Broken bone:

Broken bones, sharp bones, and so on, this kind of fine bones swallowed by dogs can cause intestinal stab injury, even intestinal bleeding death.

eight-kinds-of-food-that-maltese-can-not-eat

6. High salt food:

The food on the table is too salty for dogs. Dogs who often eat lettuce have bad hair and are prone to hair loss. This is because excessive salt in the community leads to endocrine disorders and kidney failure.

7. Undercooked food:

Undercooked poultry meat contains many parasitic bacteria. Salmonella is very harmful to dogs.

8. Pure milk:

Pure milk contains high lactose composition, whether feeding puppies or adult dogs, you should not choose pure milk, which will cause dog diarrhea.
We should properly feed the Maltese dogs with professional dog food and buy pet dog snacks. We should not provide them with daily snacks. An unhealthy diet is also great harm to dogs.

Maltese Puppies should not eat foods that are too hard and difficult to digest, such as bones. Pay attention that we do not feed the dog to eat stimulating food, such as onion, ginger, garlic, etc. Puppies can not eat chocolate, grapes, easy to cause poisoning. High salt and sugar content of food is also taboo for young dogs, which is easy to damage its kidney and liver.