For many people, it seems incredible that grapes and raisins can poison Chihuahua. They are harmless to humans. We’ve all seen dogs eat raisins occasionally without obvious side effects. How could they suddenly be toxic? Let’s see some following reasons:
Why are grapes and raisins not always poisonous to dogs and never to humans? First, as with all poisons, the toxicity depends on the dose per kilogram of animal weight. Big dogs can eat some raisins safely, no problem. But for Chihuahua, its small body can’t carry the toxic ingredients brought by grapes or raisins, which can lead to Chihuahua’s death.
In some decent, the poisons in raisins seem to be present only intermittently, so dogs may eat raisins several times without problems, and then become seriously ill the next time.
The real toxic ingredients are still a mystery. Grapes and raisins may be poisonous. This fact is only inferred from circumstantial evidence. Many dogs have no obvious cause of acute renal failure. The only common factor is that they ate grapes or raisins before. The fruit samples in this case were analyzed, but no toxic substances were isolated.
So far, the best guess is that it is a water-soluble substance that is present in the flesh of the grape/raisin, not in the seeds. One theory is that it is a mycotoxin (a toxin produced by mold or fungus on grapes). After a year of high rainfall, the problem first became apparent to dogs. This causes the grapes to get wet and more susceptible to fungal growth.
But why should humans be protected from this toxin? It is well known that dog kidney cells cultured in the laboratory are very sensitive to other types of mycotoxins. Logically, a chihuahua‘s kidney may be more sensitive to damage from another mycotoxin, even if its identity has not been determined.
-- Min Pin
How to train min pin? Min pin can be stubborn, strong willed and naughty. Min pin needs firm and continuous training from an early age to control any biting or inappropriate barking.
-- Min Pin
What are the common health problems of Min pin? The average life span of Min pin in the wild is 10 to 13 years. Although we would like to see every min pin live for 13 years (or more), this is not always the case.
-- Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
How to train Greater Swiss Mountain Dog? When we train great Swiss mountain dog, we should know that this breed is a social, positive, calm and dignified dog, and likes to be a part of the family.