Dog Nail Clippers are the perfect tool that helps to keep your dog’s nails perfectly manicured. These clippers are designed to ensure that the claws of your canine friend are easy to maintain. The best dog nail clippers can help your dogs to have perfectly trimmed nails. A wide variety of clippers are available in the market that makes it safer and easier to trim your dog’s nails. As a responsible dog owner, it is necessary to ensure that you select the perfect clipper for clipping your dog’s claws regularly.
Here is the list of the top dog nail clippers that will help you trim your dog’s claws with ease. This guide will assist you in choosing the perfect dog nail clipper for your loyal friend.
10 Best Dog Nail Clippers with Reviews
1. PetSpy Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmer – Best Dog Nail Clippers with Sensor
PetSpy Best Dog Nail Clipper is a grooming tool that is extremely vital for the health of your pet. The simple nail clipping technique can improve the mental health and behavior of your canine friend. The clipper makes it easy and safe to clip your pet’s nails professionally at your very home.
The safety guard simplifies the nail trimming process to a substantial extent. The safety stop blade helps to avoid overcutting and thus improves the overall safety of your dog. The equipment is designed in such a manner that it gives a firm grip to use during the nail clipping process.
2. Uuzzii Dog Nail Clippers – Best Large Dog Nail Clippers
Uuzzii Dog Nail Clippers are some of the most effective grooming tools that are perfect for large breed dogs. The innovative design ensures that the user can easily operate it to clip the dog’s claws safely and quickly. The rubber handle gives a comfortable grip to the user that minimizes your dog’s chances of getting hurt.
A free nail file is provided to give your dog a perfect manicure. The clipping equipment can be used to trim or clip the nails of medium-sized dogs as well.
3. BOBOCAWA Dog Nail Clippers Trimmer Set – Best Dog Nail Clippers for Thick Nails
BOBOCAWA Dog Nail Clippers are recommended by veterinarians and animal trainers as they are highly effective grooming tools. Unlike conventional pet nail clippers, they have sharp blades that make the clipping session quick and effective. The ergonomic handle of the clipper ensures that the users have easy and firm grip during nail clipping.
The safety stop blade that is provided in the clipper reduces the chances of cutting your dog’s nails too short. The razor-sharp blades would allow you to chop thick claws of your dog without exerting much pressure.
4. Poodle Pet Cat Nail Trimmer Clipper Scissors – Best Dog Clippers for Poodles
Poodle Pet Cat Nail Trimmer Clipper Scissors is the perfect nail tripping tool for small dogs and cats. The small and ergonomic clipper is specifically designed to groom your small pet professionally. The quick sensor feature in the clipper ensures that the safety of your pet is not compromised during the nail clipping and trimming process.
The handle of these trimmers is made from rubber, which ensures that the chances of slipping are omitted. The use of strong stainless steel ensures that these grooming tools are durable and can be used for a long time.
5. HATTEKER Dog Nail Clippers Pet Trimmers for Dogs Pet Grooming Kit – Best Dog Clippers for Thick Coats
HATTEKER Dog Nail Clippers Pet Trimmers for Dogs Pet Grooming Kit is a 3 in 1 tool that can be used for nail clipping and hair trimming purposes. The strong and powerful clipper can be used for trimming the nails of dogs that have thick coats. Robust design ensures that you can conduct the nail trimming process smoothly. The top-notch ail grinder ensures that excellent nail cutting performance is delivered without exerting much energy.
The grooming tool reduces the risk of over-clipping. So it can be used to clip the nails of your dog with a high level of ease and comfort. Low vibration and low noise ensure that your pet does not get nervous or agitated during the clipping session. The durable and efficient tool is the right choice to groom your dogs.
6. Pet Union Professional Dog Grooming Kit – Best Dog Clippers for Matted Hair
Pet Union Professional Dog Grooming Kit comprises premium grooming supplies for your pet, including durable nail clippers. The ergonomic design makes sure that the nails of your dogs are cut with high precision. In case you have anxious pets, you do not have to worry.
The cordless device makes a little sound during operation, so your pet feels comfortable during the nail clipping session. The cordless feature of the clippers ensures that the product can be used conveniently.
7. Epica #1 Best Professional Pet Nail Clipper – Best Professional Dog Clippers
Epica #1 Best Professional Pet Nail Clipper is the perfect grooming tool that allows you to cut the nails of your dogs in a professional manner. The sharp stainless steel ensures that a gentle squeeze is enough to cut the nails of your dog. The clipper is designed in a unique way, which ensures that it is in safe mode when not in use.
The rubber-coated handle gives a firm grip to the user during the nail clipping process. In case you are concerned about the operation of the clipper, you can refer to YouTube videos for trimming your dog’s nails at home, by yourself like professionals.
8. CleanHouse Pets Dog and Cat Nail Clippers – Best Dog Clippers for Shih Tzu
CleanHouse Pets Dog and Cat Nail Clippers are safe to use grooming tools for both dogs and cats. These clippers can be used for pets of varying sizes. The sharp blades make sure that it is easy to use them on large dogs as well as small breeds.
The sleek small size and large size of the nail clippers are designed to suit all dog breeds. The stylish and effective design gives high priority to the safety aspect of your pets.
9. Besmon Pet Nail Clippers and Trimmers – Best Cordless Dog Clippers
Besmon Pet Nail Clippers are made of high materials that make sure the nail clipping results are flat and not crack in nature. The tool comes equipped with a mobile safety block, which ensures there isn’t an overcutting of claws. The practical design ensures that the user has a firm and secure grip during the nail clipping session.
Gonicc Professional Pet Nail Clippers and Trimmers are the perfect grooming equipment for clipping as well as trimming the nails of small pets. These claw scissors can be used for clipping the nails of kittens, puppies, cats, dogs, bunnies, and even birds. The semi-circular angled blades are designed to ensure that the nail trimming and clipping can be done professionally.
One of the main highlights of this clipper is that it enables you to save money and time. The affordable grooming device can be used to take care of the nails of your pets without burning a hole in your pocket
Types of Dog Nail Clippers
Scissor Clippers: These clippers are used just like scissors and are generally designed for large dogs that have thick nails. They are designed to exert the required amount of pressure to cut big claws.
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Safe to cut nails
- Deliver precise performance
- The loud clipping sound might make the dogs nervous
- Sometimes cutting thick nails might be difficult.
Grinder Tools: This grooming instrument works by grinding the dog’s nail down instead of clipping it. It is an appropriate tool for large dogs that have thick nails. It can also be used on dogs that are not comfortable with the standard nail clippers.
- Provides a smooth finish to the edges
- Prevents accidental scratching of the skin
- Helps in maintaining healthy nail length
- Pet owners require training on how to use the tool
- The process is quite long
Guillotine Clippers: For using these clippers, the dog’s nail has to be put in the hole and squeezed. The blade slices off the end of the nail with ease.
- High power
- Durable nature
- Poor visibility on the length of nail that will be chopped
- Can cause split nails
- Could be painful for the dog
Factors to Consider Before Buying Dog Nail Clippers
- Safety: The safety of your dog is of primary importance while clipping its nails. Give special attention to the nail guard so that your dog’s safety is not compromised. The nail guard could make sure that your dog’s nails aren’t cut too quickly, which could, in turn, increase the risk of injury.
- Size: The size of the nail clipper would primarily depend on the size of your dog and its claws. Generally, large breed dogs require larger nail clippers as compared to smaller and medium dogs.
- Comfort and ease of use: While choosing a nail clipper for your dog, focus on the ease of use and comfort aspect. The tools with ergonomic designs would ensure that you have a comfortable and secure grip. It would minimize the chances of hand fatigue and tiredness. In addition to this, it would also reduce the chances of your dog getting injured during the nail clipping session.
- Clipping performance: Secure and effective clipping performance is extremely vital when buying a dog nail clipper. A user needs to focus on the clipper blades along with the opening and closing sections. These elements would directly influence the overall effectiveness of clipping performance.
Tips to choose the best dog nail clipper
- Understand the difference between different types of clippers
- Decide which type will suit your dog the best
- Decide your budget
- Explore a wide range of nail clippers and choose according to your requirements
A dog nail clipper is a vital grooming tool for your canine friend that can improve its overall wellness. The main question that might bother you relates to how to pick dog nail clippers that suit your dog’s nails. But fret not as with the functionalities and features discussed above, you would be able to choose the perfect dog nail clipper. Choosing the right clipper would ensure the trimming and clipping session can be conducted smoothly for you as well as your dog.
Watch this YouTube video to learn more:
A diverse variety of nail clippers are currently available in the market. However, only the best dog nail clippers would make sure that your dog and you have a convenient and safe clipping session. Using a clipper would mean that your dog will no longer face discomfort due to long and unkempt claws.
More useful buying guides:
10 Best Dog Nail Clippers in 2019 with Buying Guide
Written by editor